Hello! Thank you so much for reading This Cage Is Worms today and any other day that you so choose. This post is a compilation of (what I think is) the best writing that I’ve done here on this website in 2014. You can see 2013’s list here, and you can read 2012’s list here.
Here at the top I just want to mention a few OTHER THINGS that have been going on in the wide, wide world of CMRN KNZLMN in 2014:
- I started Reading Electronic Gaming Monthly, a Tumblr where I post excerpts from issues of the games enthusiast magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly with a little bit of commentary. You can see that here.
- I made several small videogames like THE SUN, Napoleon Loves Waterslides, Welcome to the Dress-Up of the Real, and several others than you can find here.
- I successfully funded my third Kickstarter, this time for a game called Epanalepsis which will be out in Spring 2015.
- I made a small commercial game with Connor Sherlock called Marginalia.
- I launched a podcast called Kilmercast.
So, without any further delay, The Best of This Cage Is Worms from 2014.
The Necessity of Michael Bay
On Robert Pogue Harrison’s Forests
On Darius Kazemi’s “Zeno of Elea”
A Week in the Life of a Guard in Assassin’s Creed
On Assassin’s Creed Part 1: The Fiction
On the Death of Stuart Hall
On the Incredulity of Call of Duty
On Assassin’s Creed Part 2: The Game
“like a sack with an animal trapped inside”: on the quizzle
Social Cybernetics: Stereo (1969)
On He Never Showed Up
On Assassin’s Creed 2: Control
On Assassin’s Creed 2: Conspiracy
On Assassin’s Creed 2: Interface
On Assassin’s Creed Revelations: The Animus
On Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: City
On Alastor and Ifrit
Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, and deliberate action
Agent Smith’s Reversal
A Moment in Kitsch Nihilism
On Lyotard and Thebaud’s Just Gaming
The Matrix and the Nihilistic Impulse
Destiny and Writing
On 100 Bullets
Ten Minutes in Gamer Culture
On The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo
My Fascination With Weedopia
Destiny‘s Writing Is Interesting Because It Is A Game
On Timesplitters 2
On Carson Wells
The Lord of the Rings: Thoughts on Book 1
The Lord of the Rings: Racial Destiny